Best Discord Server Rules: After setting a discord server, the best thing to do is to list some rules to understand what is allowed or prohibited in the server.
Rules basically make a community strong since it bounds a better understanding between admins and the members, so the fuss regarding breaking the rules or misunderstandings will be reduced. If you don’t list rules, then there will be high chances people can actually understand the guidelines, so maybe some evil-minded members spam on a server.
A server without rules is like a double-blade sword. Because one downside is that the people may start spamming, and on the other hand, people who really love to hang out on your server may not feel comfortable enough on your server. Thus, they might leave thinking that they don’t want to be in a place where the rules are given importance.
This is why you should have best discord server rules list on your new discord server. For this, just copy the below rules and paste them over your server; do to give us credit for this.
Two Best Discord server rules: templates
Below are three sorts of rules templates you can pick you like and think will be the most suitable for your server.
1# List of Discord server Rules
This discord server rule template is mostly used on servers with massive numbers of people. With this rules template, your server will have decent respect.
- **No blank nicknames.**
- **No sexually explicit nicknames.**
- **No offensive nicknames.**
- **No blank profile pictures.**
- **No sexual profile pictures.**
- **Moderators have the right to change nicknames.**
- **Moderators have the right to change rules when needed.**
- **No exploiting loopholes in the rules (please report them).**.
- **No inviting unofficial bots (Warning).**
- **No spamming to be granted moderator roles.**
- ** Don’t force the DM to any members on the server.**
- **Only @mention the moderators for support.**
- ** Ask queries to moderators in the #support channel.**
- **Don’t use tag @everyone/@here without asking for permission (If does, there should be strong reasoning).**
- **Don’t share sexual content.**
- ** Don’t share pornographic content.**
- **Don’t share illegal content.**
- **Don’t share hacking material, e,g free nitro subscription**.
- **Don’t publish personal information of a member**
- **Don’t make personal attacks on any of the members.**
- **Don’t do sexting.**.
- **Don’t discuss politics (Only if you don’t taunt each other, it’s fair then.**
- **Don’t abuse in any language.**
- **Don’t talk bad about religions.**.
- ** Don’t spam emojis/text in an effort to spam or bullying.**
- **Moderators have the right to delete and edit a post without asking for permission and giving reasoning.**
- **No advertisement links, banners, or any source without permission.**
- ** Don’t share external links (Only if they are not relevant).**
***Voice chat rules***
- Moderators reserve the right to disconnect, mute, deafen, or move members to and from voice channels.
***Bot specific rules***
- **No commands spamming.**
- **Don’t share too many macros.**
- **Don’t do adding/changing/removing bot’s commands.**
#2 List of Discord server Rules
**1. Respect every member**
Respect all members on this server, treat them equally respectively regardless of your religious faith, and oppose liking and disliking. Always treat others with respect you want to have in return.
**2. No Abusive Language/words**
You must avoid using abusive words, hate speeches, regardless of the language in which you sent a message. Make sure your words are not inappropriate and don’t hurt anyone.
**3. Avoid spamming**
You must not spam anything on the server, whether it’s a message, emojis, pictures, or anything necessary or unnecessary. You’re prohibited, not even mistakenly, to perform such acts. Give other members a chance.
**4. Avoid sexual content**
This Discord server is for all ages of people. Sexual content is strictly prohibited. Help us Grow a family community.
**5. Ask before advertisement**
We have a separate section, especially for advertisement purposes. Use that channel for advertisement after permitting us. Let us know what your intentions are behind the advertisement after our moderators check out and find appetite. Only then can you share.
**6. Use appropriate profile pictures and nicknames **
We don’t allow members to use offensive nicknames, inappropriate profile pictures, e.g., sexual or offensive to religious, political, etc. Further, if our moderators catch any person having this, they have the right to change nicknames and kick out if you don’t listen to the warning.
**7. Server Raiding**
We don’t allow members to raid other servers without asking for permissions. You must ask any moderator, else the way, and you will get a ban for a lifetime.
**8. Avoid Direct & Indirect Threats**
Any threats to members on the server are strictly prohibited, e.g., hacking threats, Death threats, abuse, and kind of malicious threats are absolutely disallowed. If we catch doing this, the end result will be an instant ban.
**9. Follow the official Discord Guidelines**
Apart from the rules of this server, take a look at the official discord guidelines to use this app: https://discordapp.com/guidelines
**10. Ask gently for permission before joining a voice channel**
We don’t want our members to disturb a group of people enjoying a voice call. Even if you see a free slot there, you must ask them to join the conversation.
**The Admins and Mods may Mute/Kick/Ban per discretion.**
In the event, if you’ve any query, or want to report a person, any misunderstanding between you and any other member. Feel free to send admin, moderators, and DM on discord. We’ll deal with the issue gently.
* After reading the rules, being on this server means you agree to all of the rules. In case you are not good with these rules, feel free to tell us what’s bothering you as we make rules for maintaining the server for all*
Here are some best discord server rules list for content on Discord
- You must apply the NSFW label to channels if there is adult content in that channel. Any content that cannot be placed in an age-gated channel, such as avatars, server banners, and invite splashes, may not contain adult content.
- You may not sexualize minors in any way. This includes sharing content or links which depict minors in a pornographic, sexually suggestive, or violent manner, and includes illustrated or digitally altered pornography that depicts minors (such as lolicon, shotacon, or cub). We report illegal content to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- You may not share sexually explicit content of other people without their consent, or share or promote sharing of non-consensual intimate imagery (also known as revenge porn) in an attempt to shame or degrade someone.
- You may not share content that glorifies or promotes suicide or self-harm, including any encouragement to others to cut themselves, or embrace eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia.
- You may not share images of sadistic gore or animal cruelty.
- You may not use Discord for the organization, promotion, or support of violent extremism.
- You may not operate a server that sells or facilitates the sales of prohibited or potentially dangerous goods. This includes firearms, ammunition, drugs, and controlled substances.
- You may not promote, distribute, or provide access to content involving the hacking, cracking, or distribution of pirated software or stolen accounts. This includes sharing or selling cheats or hacks that may negatively affect others in multiplayer games.
- In general, you should not promote, encourage or engage in any illegal behavior. This is very likely to get you kicked off Discord, and may get you reported to law enforcement.
Establishing your rules is all well and good, but ultimately a moot point if you don’t enforce them. Moderators should carefully consider how they want to enforce their server rules. Some possible systems include:
- Case by Case – Punishment is more subjective and dependent on the nature and frequency of transgressions. While this system gives moderators a large amount of flexibility, accountability can be difficult due to the lack of standards and certain moderators may punish users differently. This may be better suited to smaller servers where the moderation tasks tend to be leaner.
- Infraction Based – Similar to a “three strikes and you’re out” system, users are punished according to the number of times they break the rules. Users may receive a mute after a certain number of warnings followed by a ban. While this system is great for accountability, it does not account for the severity of the transgressions involved.
- Points based – If you’d like the accountability of the strikes/infraction based system coupled with the flexibility of the case by case system, consider a points based rule enforcement structure. In this system, each rule is worth a certain number of points based on the importance and severity of breaking the rule where moderators can adjust the point value with an additional explanation for accountability.
If a user thinks their warning is unfair, they may lash out in chat or in the feedback channels of the server. It is important to have a way users can easily discuss their warning with the server moderators. You can visit a more in-depth explanation on appeals in DMA 204: Ban Appeals.
Finally, we ask that you respect Discord itself:
- You may not sell your account or your server.
- You may not use self-bots or user-bots to access Discord.
- You may not share content that violates anyone’s intellectual property or other rights.
- You may not spam Discord, especially our Customer Support and Trust & Safety teams. Making false and malicious reports, sending multiple reports about the same issue, or asking a group of users to all report the same content may lead to action being taken on your account.
If you see any activity that violates these guidelines, you can report it to us by filling out this form