Discord-related errors are getting troublesome. One can no longer figure them out alone, since there are no specific reasons for them to occur. Thus, no hint!
Here are they;
- Delete Discord Files in Localappdata & Appdata
- Switch off Antivirus Software
- Delete & Reinstall Discord
Let’s head over further, and see the step by step process of how you can do that.
Fix.1- Delete Discord Files in Localappdata & Appdata
Well, this method is a root for so many Discord-errors. In this case, this is your first time falling in error. At that point, there is a higher probability that you are not very well aware of this process.
This fix can be divided into two sub-processes because you will need to turn off Discord running in the background, and then you can delete Local App Data and App Data files.
Stop Discord running in the Background.
To close the Discord task manager, you can follow the below steps.
- Head into the Task Manager. It will be located at the right-bottom near the battery and sound icon. You can use the search bar to find out this option on your OS.
- Once you are in the Task manager, from the horizontal row options, go to the background running apps and stop all Discord’s actions.
- Make sure there are no more Discord files running in the Background.
Delete Local Appdata Discord files.
To do this, you can follow the mentioned steps.
- Move your mouse cursor to the top-left corner, RIGHT click on the window icon. You will see there an icon if you are on windows 10.
- A list will appear, containing some options; point your mouse cursor all the way down, Choose “RUN.”
- When you click on it, a pop up will be shown on your screen. It is basically a search bar. Hence, write “%appdata% there. It will take you to the directory in which your app data are being stored.
- Find the Discord Directory from there. If you feel difficulties, then you can use the “Directory search bar” and search for DISCORD.
- Once you reach out to the Discord directory, delete it.
- Revise this same process once more time, and this time write “%localappdata%.”
- In the same way, as you did before, find out the Discord folder, and delete it.
Keep in mind, deleting the discord folder from both of those folders is necessary. Anyhow if you see any restricted note while deleting, recheck the first step. See if you have really disabled all the running Discord-related operations.
Afterward, when you have done this all, reboot your computer, reinstall the Discord App.
Fix.2 Switch off Antivirus Software
- Hover your mouse over the Icon of antivirus, for example Avast.
- Right click on it> and open up the “User interface settings”
- A little down> Go to Troubleshooting
- Disable “Self defence” by unchecking.
You can now try installing the Discord again, this time all the files will run accordingly.
Kindly note this optional step too, when turning off the antivirus program. A small number of actions kept running in the background, therefore head into the Task manager, if you see any of those files are running in the process. Turn them down, and put a Disable Mark on them.
Fix.3 Delete & Reinstall Discord
I must say here that this problem does not have any obvious reason. It is always better if you don’t put much focus on a single method. For a reason that there is not any one way go-to solution that we can say will definitely work, however, there are guaranteed fixes if you can manage to apply them all, mainly Discord-related files, turn off blockers, and reinstall. If you do this, then the chances of it will work fine are sky-high.
- How to gift discord Nitro – Discord Nitro Gift in the Mobile app in 2021
- how to unban someone on discord server Android, iPhone and PC
- 3 Best ways How does Discord make money in 2021?
- How to cross out text in discord Step by Step Complete Guide 2021
- How to italicize in Discord Step by Step Guide 2021