Are you here to find out how to DM on Discord? You are at the right place. Here I will share my personal experience with you about DM and how you can message other gamers on it.
Let’s get started!
How Does DM on Discord Work?
We all know that DM is a messaging application that is very famous among games. Using it, you can create friends, perform chats, and much more. But many people basically get confused on how to DM someone on it without being friends.
Direct messaging is a good technique to make friends. If you are an extrovert, then Direct messaging would definitely help you to gather more people. The good news is that Discord offers both Direct Messaging and Group Chat. That means if you don’t want to talk in the group, you can easily message that person personally.
How to DM on Discord?
Below are the steps that you can follow to DM someone on Discord:
Send Message via PC and Mac
- First login to Discord using Email and Password.
- Now, click the discord icon. You can see it at the top of the screen. Now, select Friends from the list.
- You can swipe to see a list of all friends available.
- Make sure to stay online if you want to message friends that are currently available online.
- After choosing the friend, enter the message in the text box and press “ENTER” to send the message.
This was the method that you can use to message your friends. Let’s discuss how you can send a message to people via Android devices.
Send Message Via Android Devices
- Login to your Discord application.
- You will see a screen from where you can select the “All” option on the left corner.
- Now, select a person whom you want to text.
- After that, choose the “Chat Message” option.
- Now, enter your message that you want to send and click the “Send” option.
These were the steps that you can follow to send a message to someone via Android. Now, let’s discuss how you can send a message using your iPhone.
Send via iPhone
- Login to your device and search for the friends to whom you want to text.
- Once you are done, enter the message that you want to type.
- After that, select the “Send” message and continue the process.
- You are ready to send a message to your friend.
How to DM Someone Who Isn’t Your Friend?
The above method was for the people who want to DM a friend, but if someone is not your friend, then here is how you can send him/her a message.
- First, you have to search for people with whom you want to connect.
- Make sure that you have shared a server with them as you won’t be able to contact, otherwise.
- Now, select the message option.
- After that, type the message that you want to send.
- Congratulations! You’ve finally made a new friend.
How to Delete all the Messages on Discord?
Now, you know how to send messages. In case you want to delete them, here is what you can do. You will find two different messages on this platform, such as private conversation and messages between the channels. You can choose which one you want to remove.
- Click right to select the person with whom you have exchanged the messages.
- In the direct messaging, you will see the “X” sign on the right side. Now, delete the messages that you don’t want to keep.
Besides, if you want to use a log method, you can also try a BOT. If you are looking for a reliable bot, you can easily choose the MEE6 bot. It comes with amazing features and will delete your DM and Channel messages in no time. Also, you don’t have to worry about security as it is 100% secure.
We know how it’s difficult to make friends, but not anymore. Using discord, you can easily search people and can message them without facing any issues. We have also discussed how you can DM someone who is unknown and how you can delete messages with one click. Do let us know in the comment section below how this blog was helpful for you.
Must Read To know more About Discord
- How to gift discord Nitro – Discord Nitro Gift in the Mobile app in 2021
- how to unban someone on discord server Android, iPhone and PC
- 3 Best ways How does Discord make money in 2021?
- How to cross out text in discord Step by Step Complete Guide 2021