Do you want others to see what you are seeing? Discord’s feature can resolve this issue for you. If you want to watch a show or movie together or want to share something. You can easily do that. Discord has been around for a while and has now become a well-known platform for voice and video chat.
In the past, you could only share your screen in private chat, but now you can do that on a public server as well. In this article, you will learn about how to screen share on Discord on various devices.
How to Enable Screen Share on Discord Server?
If you want to know how to share a screen on the Discord server, here is a complete step-by-step guide on Discord screen share on various devices.
Discord’s Go Live features enables you to share screens whether on your server or private call. With this option, members of your server can join the voice channel to see your screen. Following are some steps on how to screen share on Discord PC.
- Open Discord and join the voice channel of the server you wish to share your screen in.
- Look for the screen button located at the bottom left corner of the window. It will be near the mute and headset button.
- Click on that button. Doing this will open a new window that will ask you what you want to share. You will have to choose between two options; one for sharing the whole screen while the other for sharing an application. If you choose the application option, the certain application will be viewable by the members even if you open another type. Sharing the whole screen will share all the ongoing activity on the screen.
- Now select your stream quality. Choose resolution based on the quality you need and internet speed.
- Click on the share Now everyone will be able to see your screen.
To see your screen, a user will have to join your channel first, and after that, they will have to click on your username. A small screen of your stream will appear, and they can activate the full screen if they want to.
Discord Screen Share in a Private Call
Mostly, discord is used for the big public community on a server, but some people do use it for private calls with close friends. Follow these steps to share the screen in a private call.
- First, go to the profile of the friend you want to call.
- Now start a voice or video call.
- You can only share the screen after they accept your call.
- After you both are connected on a call, look for a screen icon with a small arrow on it.
- Click on that icon to open a new window with adjustment options for you.
- Select an application you want to share or share your whole screen.
- Adjust the quality settings for your screen.
- Now click on the Go Live Now the people on the call will be able to see your screen.
- You can stop sharing the screen by either clicking on the screen icon you clicked for sharing your screen or by leaving the call.
How to Screen Share on Discord Mac?
Screen Share on Discord mac is the same as on windows. With the above-mentioned methods, you can screen share on both Windows and Mac.
How to Screen Share on Discord Mobile?
With the methods mentioned above, you can easily share a screen on Windows or Mac devices on the discord web. Sharing a screen on a mobile is different from that. The screen sharing feature is now available on the mobile app as well. Here is how you can share screens from discord applications on apple or android devices.
Follow these steps to share your screen in a private call on mobile.
- Open the Discord app and call a person.
- After you both are connected in a call, you will see a screen sharing button comprising of an icon that looks like a phone near the call and mute buttons. Click on it.
- A warning message will appear, and you will have to accept it to be able to share our screen.
- You can invite more people to the call if you want to.
To share a screen on a server, follow this procedure.
- Join the voice channel of the server you are willing to connect with.
- After joining the voice channel, you will see a bar containing all the important options like video call, microphone, and sound adjustment options. Here you will find a screen sharing option; click on it. It is a phone-like icon with an arrow.
- Accept the warning message that appears; now, everyone on the voice channel will be able to see your screen.
How to Share Screen on Discord iPad?
You can share the screen on Discord iPad in the same way as on your phone.
How to Screen Share on Discord with Sound?
While sharing your screen, you will see a sound toggle button, enabling it will enable share you’re the sound of your computer. If your mic is on, your voice will be audible as well. Make sure that your sound is enabled in your discord setting. To share sound from mac, you may have to use some third-party application.
How to Screen Share on Discord Chromebook?
Chromebook works on Google OS, and if you install Discord on it using the app store or play store, chances are it may not work properly. You will have to use the discord website. On the website, you will be able to make private calls only.
You enable the screen share option while being on a call with one of your friends. Add more people on call if you want to. If you want to use the discord app, you can install another operating system on your Chromebook.
After reading this article, you will have understood how to screen share on Discord. It is an easy process. Discord is a safe platform that allows you to share screens using any device. You can also record, talk, and chat while sharing your screen. Discord screen share will surely make your communication more interesting.