Discord is one of the best applications that you can use today. It allows you to share, collaborate, make friends and talk about your ideas and much more. The main purpose of this tool is to allow you freedom of talk. You can easily use it on your PC, mobile, and tablet.
The good news is that it is easy to use and doesn’t require any complicated methods. Hence, if you want to know how to send videos on Discord, continue reading to find all the important information.
Part 1: How to Send Videos on Discord PC?
Before sending videos on Discord, you have to make sure that you are not sending larger files. You can share 8MB larger videos via direct message or chat channel. In case you want to increase the space, make sure to subscribe to Discord Nitro.
Now, let’s discuss how to send videos on Discord PC without facing any issues. Make sure to follow all the steps to make the process easier.
- First, you have to open the Discord application. You can easily find the option from the start menu.
- Now, click the chat where you want to share the video. You can either select private chat or server chat. There are two ways of sharing the videos. One is in the direct message, and the second one is sending the videos in the channel. Let’s discuss these two ways.
- Direct Message: If you want to send the video in the direct message, you have to click the Discord game option. You can easily find it in the top-left. After that, choose the conversation option where you want to share the video.
- Channel: If you want to send a video to the channel, you first have to join it. To do that, you have to click the channel name, which you can find on the left side.
- After that, click the “+” icon, so you can easily upload the video.
- In the final step, you will be asked to click the “Upload” option and add the comment. You can also mark it as a spoiler if you don’t want to upload the video. In case you have subscribed to Discord Nitro, you can easily upload videos upto 50 MB.
This is how you can easily send or upload videos on a discord PC. If you want to know more ways, you can check the details below.
Part 2: How to Send Videos on Discord Mobile
The process of sharing videos on Discord via Android and iPhone is simple. You have to use the application to complete this process. Here is what you can do to complete the steps.
- Open the application on your mobile. You can also use this link to download Discord.
- Now, go to the conversation where you want to send the video. You can visit the server or inbox to complete the process.
- After that, click the “Photo Selector” option. This will open the photo gallery for you. Now, click the image icon so that Discord can look into your device. If you are sharing the videos for the first time, it will ask you for access. So, give Discord the permission, and you are good to go.
- In the end, select the send button to send the videos to your favorite people. Isn’t it simple?
These were the two main methods that you can use to send Discord videos on Mobile and PC. However, make sure to check the video size before sending it. If you want to know more tips, we have mentioned some details below.
Tips on Sending Videos via Discord
If you are new and don’t know how to send videos on Discord, don’t worry; we have got you covered. Here are some tips that you can follow while sharing videos on Discord.
- Make sure you are uploading the right file. Many people try to upload corrupted files that can cause errors.
- Don’t upload more than 8MB if you haven’t subscribed to Discord Nitro. It will give you 100MB space which is best for sending larger videos.
- If you are using the free version, make sure to exclude clips that are of no use to you. And to cut the clips, you can easily use different video editors, which will allow you to trim the videos so you can reduce the size easily.
- You can upload the videos to various online platforms, such as YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, and much more.
These were the tips that you can follow while uploading the videos on Discord. You can also check our other guides from where you can get more details related to Discord and how it works.
If you don’t want to use online servers, don’t worry; here is the completed guide on how to make a Discord server in 2021.
FAQs on How to Send Videos on Discord
Here are the most common questions asked by people related to Discord.
- Can I Send Videos on Discord Mobile?
Yes, you can easily use the Discord application to send the videos. However, make sure to download the application from the right link.
- Can you send pictures and videos on Discord?
Yes, you can easily send pictures and videos on Discord. But you have to adjust the settings to do that. Keep in mind that you can only send around 8MB video and images sizes.
- How many seconds of videos can we share?
Since Discord allows you to share videos of only 8MBs, that means you can only share videos of 35.3 seconds approx.
- What if we are unable to share the videos on Discord?
In case you can’t share the videos, there can be many reasons for it, such as the file is corrupted or the video size is big.
This blog was all about how to share videos on Discord PC and Mobile. If you have any further questions, you can reach out to us. Don’t forget to check our other blogs so you can get more information.